For the past year, I've divided my time fairly equally between Facebook, Pinterest, and Words With Friends. I've managed to squeeze some parenting in there somewhere....and when I say 'squeeze', I'm not exaggerating. I've sort of become obsessed with projects & Pinterest has only fueled my fire. So, I figured instead of tooting my own horn on Facebook, where very few people ACTUALLY care what I've been doing with my time, I'd post those things here on my blog. At least I'll try and keep that up. Otherwise, I fear this poor blog is just going to fade into nothingness.
Next week is Teacher Appreciation Week. I always thought that I was pro-teacher/pro-education, but it wasn't until this past year when Wyatt started public school that I realized how desperate teachers are and how they should truly be appreciated. I volunteer once a week for only 30 minutes, putting flyers, paperwork, etc. into little folders and then putting the folders into the kids' backpacks. That takes me 30 minutes, but would probably take me twice as long if I didn't have the motivation of Max loudly asking me to enter Cody's Netflix password into my phone every 5 seconds, and Sawyer being extremely put-out by having to sit in a stroller with nothing but Cheerios to occupy his time.
I digress.
That's just one thing Wyatt's teacher has in her week that she just doesn't have time for. She's teaching the kids and when days get cut & hours get shorter, things like sending flyers home letting parents know what events are coming up & sending home our kids' drawings take a backseat to actually teaching our kids. I can only imagine how much else piles up on her desk because she's busy trying to teach 23 5 & 6 year olds the fundamentals of education.
So, all that being said, Teacher Appreciation Week has been a top priority on my mind and I wanted to do something special for Wyatt & Maxon's teachers this year. One of those things is making these cute little tumblers. It was easy & fairly inexpensive (between $4-$8) each. I bought the one I put a class photo in at Hobby Lobby ($5.40) and the other one at Craft Warehouse ($2.50) (Hobby Lobby only had one left of the photo insert ones & I didn't have time to wait for whenever their next shipment might or might not come in). I photocopied Wyatt's class picture (probably violating all kinds of copyright laws) and inserted it. I just put some transparent stickers on the other plain one, but I think it still turned out cute. I added some Crystal Light packets and a packet of Spark (from Advocare - if you want to know about this product ask me....it's pretty amazing!) into each tumbler and some cute crinkled paper for decoration. Easy Peasy!
More exciting Teacher Appreciation Week goodies to come!

1 comment:
LOVE IT!!! So creative! :)
Post a Comment