
Wyatt left for daycare on Wednesday unmarked and returned that evening with these horrible scratches all over his face. Apparently another child thought that she needed to teach Wyatt a lesson & took it upon herself to do it by clawing him half to death (okay, that may be a bit dramatic). The more days that go by, the angrier I get. On Wednesday I thought, "that's daycare, I guess." On Thursday I started questioning, "where was his teacher when this was happening?" On Friday, when the marks were probably at their worst, I thought "what am I paying over $500 a month for?" Yesterday I was ready to take him out of the Y and find someplace else for him and today I'm convinced that I need to quit my job and stay at home with him full time. I've always justified daycare b/c he loved it and got such great interaction with other children. Now I'm not so sure. He certainly isn't an angel. He's had his fair share of biting & pushing at daycare, but he's never inflicted something like this on another child. Surely, he doesn't like getting beat up (yes, by a girl...or anyone else for that matter) there. The struggles (aka GUILT) of a working mother!
3 comments:
That sucks! Poor, Wyatt. Maybe you should just move to Chicago and share a nanny with Amanda and I. Wyatt will be the biggest so he can just beat up on Avery and Danny! :-) Seriously, I can totally understand why you would be so upset. I would be furious! And you are right to question where the teacher was. I can understand one scratch but you would think the teacher would have noticed before it went so far. Well, good luck, my dear...and kisses to Wyatt's boo-boos.
Oh my gosh!!! That is terrible. Oh I feel your pain in not wanting to leave your baby! Are you seriously considering the full time at home gig? Fun to see your pics. Love you and your scarred up babe.
Lisa this is aweful. I am so sorry this happened to Wyatt. Have you ever considered a Nanny. It is not that much more expensive. This is what we do and we love it.
Post a Comment