
Baby Max is here! Yippee! Here's the story....
I started throwing up early Tuesday morning - the 22nd. I was worried that I may have come down with the flu and was on the phone all morning with the nurses at my OB's office. I didn't have a fever and they didn't seem overly concerned so I got ready for work and was planning on heading in late morning to cover court that afternoon. On my way into town, I received a call from Wyatt's daycare - he had diarrhea and we needed to come and pick him up. Mid-conversation with his teacher on the phone, my water broke. I told her "I think my water just broke.....someone will be there to pick Wyatt up, but it won't be me!" We were at the hospital within an hour and the nurses had to check to make sure that my water had, in fact, broke and that I hadn't just peed my pants. I assured them that I knew what it felt like to pee my pants (since I'd been doing it every time I coughed or sneezed for the past 4 months), but they had to check and my assessment was absolutely correct. I was admitted into the hospital around 2:00. I was having contractions but not really feeling them yet.
I was determined to get an epidural because of the fiasco with not getting one with Wyatt. In fact, it had been on my doctor's radar throughout my entire pregnancy. She came in to check on me at about 3:00 and told me to let the nurses know when my pain was unbearable and we'd get the epidural process going. By 5:30 I was hurting and asked for that to happen. An hour later the anesthesiologist came in and started to administer the epidural. It was horrible. I was sitting on the edge of the bed trying to be still and having nausea-inducing contractions on top of each other. Then I felt the urgency to push. For any of you who have had children and know what this feels like, it's impossible to not push - which is what my nurse told me to do. Not push? Really??? At about 7:00 the epidural was finally in and I could lay back down and have this baby! The baby was ready & 12 minutes later we were meeting face to face.
I'm pretty sure I still got the short end of the epidural stick b/c I felt every single contraction & every labor push. Oh well, I have a sweet & beautiful baby boy now. We're all doing wonderfully and can't wait for each of you to meet him.
Maxon Davis Lindley
Born 7/22/08 @ 7:12 pm
7 lb 11 oz
20 inches long
4 comments:
Congrats on the new baby! I didn't know an epidural had a short end....it looked pretty long to me.
Congrats, Lisa! He's adorable!
we are so glad he is here! he is beautiful. congrats lindleys!
Congratulations to you!
Post a Comment