Thursday, August 14, 2008

My first week as a stay-at-home-mom

This is going to be more difficult than I had anticipated.

Monday was a little rough since Wyatt woke up at 6:15. Yesterday was ok, but today my day began like this....

1:37 am - Feed Max
3:45 am - Feed Max
5:23 am - Baby monitor shouts that Max is hungry again. I can't muster the strength to get out of bed so Cody graciously feeds him a bottle (which he is fine with - Thank Goodness!)
6:45 am - Wyatt wakes me up saying "TV mom"
8:30 am - Feed Max
9:30 am - Finally get Wyatt dressed
10:00 am - Eat my own breakfast
noon - Finally take a quick shower while the baby screams & the good Lord only knows what Wyatt's doing

..... you get the point.....

To top it off, Wyatt's turned into the Devil. I'm sure he's finally reacting to Max being a permanent member of the family, but his attitude has been awful. He's been horribly disobedient & whiny. I feel like he's spent more time in time-out than anywhere else these past few days.

Please tell me it's going to get better.

I think I hear the baby crying to be fed again....stay tuned.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I remember those exhausting days. It does get better - hang in there!!

Jamie said...

I don't know if it gets better, I'm assuming it does, but you are scaring me!!! Andrew is going to be an only child. I miss you!

Nicole said...

oh lisa...yes it does get better. but it is tough. i feel like i have said "no" to sulli more times in the last few months that in the first few years of his life. and the feeding levels off. and this time around there has definitely been more crying. you just become ok with crying. i love you!

Matt said...

Lisa, don't let anyone fool you. You're in it for the long haul. They say children below the age of four need you an average of every 2 minutes. Between two children you'll be on call every minute. They will yell and scream and go to the bathroom and get into your make-up otherwise. Parenthood is like signing up to go to war-- most people have no clue what they're really signing up to do.
I suggest guerrilla warfare tactics and classical music.