So, I have NEVER wanted to run a marathon. I used to run a lot. I used to enjoy it. I've done a couple of 1/2 marathons & even ran the Race to Robie Creek once. It about killed me. I think that may have been the end of the beginning for me as a runner.
Cody has been getting super involved in triathlons and I'm the ever-present supporter, always thinking the motto in my head, "If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter!" Well, lately I've been starting to think that I need to stop w/ the excuses and start something...anything.. to get active again. I'm 33 (is that right???) and if I don't start now, I probably never will! I started running a few months ago but never very seriously and more b/c I could drop the kids at the childwatch at the YMCA and have an hour to myself!
A friend of mine wants to run the Chicago marathon in October....and I'm seriously considering it.
Am I nuts???
5 comments:
Go for it!!
If not the marathon, then soccer! :) Or, even better, BOTH!
That is a BIG question! I've thought about doing it too but always seem to decide not to based on the time committment. I'm not scared of the long-runs I just have so many other things I like to do with my Saturdy and Sunday mornings that I have a hard time giving them up. At the same time having a training goal and plan makes it soooo much easier to get out there and do it!
Lisa, I ran a marathon before I had Avery. I could give you a little insight for what you are up against.
I say go for it! Chicago is a great marathon with amazing support!
Post a Comment