Monday, March 9, 2009

Footloose & cast-free!

Max getting his removed.
Such a patient baby. He didn't make a peep!


Could someone please tell him that he can close his little legs now?


I have been waiting a very long time to fully bathe this kid! He soaked the yuckies off for at least a half an hour.

Today was a big day for Max....and me....and Cody...heck, probably even for Wyatt. Max is officially cast-free! A tiny saw & 5 minutes and he was free from the disgustingness that had become that awful cast. His leg is totally healed, he doesn't need to do any physical therapy, has no restrictions, and we don't even have to go back to the orthopedic doctor for another 2 years. The past 5 weeks have been really hard on our little family and it is a blessing to finally see it come to an end and to be able to hold...to actually hold....my baby.

6 comments:

Michelle @ My Gluten-free Kitchen said...

Yippee! That is so great! I'm so glad for all of you. Too funny that he is still laying like that. I'm sure he'll get back to "normal" soon and be crawling around getting into stuff before you know it!
Praise God that He healed Maxon up all the way and he needs no further treatments!

Danielle said...

I am so happy for you and little Max. Thinking of you guys always!

Kate said...

YaY! He is so cute!

Julia Kanouse said...

Yay!!! So glad to hear this news!

Nicole said...

oh lis...i am so glad that he is free. he looks great. it was wonderful to see you this morning. hope that we can actually get together some time soon. hope the little guy starts moving better soon. love to you all!

Katie Eagy said...

Lisa, I'm so glad that's over - mostly for your sake! Maxon didn't seem to care too much - but I can't imagine having my baby in a cast for that long. Yay!!!