Cody competed in the half-ironman 70.3 on June 13th. I was able to see the swim this year and it was quite a spectacle. So many spectators and so many athletes. It is impressive that anyone can do this race. Cody did well on the swim - about the same time he did it in last year and shaved some time off of his bike ride, even though it was POURING rain. Unfortunately, he hurt his knee about a mile into the run and after walking 3 more miles he had to pull himself out of the race. He was hurt and starting to shiver because of the cold. He was so bummed. He put a lot of effort into training this year and it was so disappointing for him to have to stop the race short. I'm very proud of him for doing it & proud of him for making the decision to stop instead of injuring himself further. He's doing fine now and is going to do the Pacific Crest Triathlon on the 26th. Go Cody!!!
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Half-Ironman 2009
Cody competed in the half-ironman 70.3 on June 13th. I was able to see the swim this year and it was quite a spectacle. So many spectators and so many athletes. It is impressive that anyone can do this race. Cody did well on the swim - about the same time he did it in last year and shaved some time off of his bike ride, even though it was POURING rain. Unfortunately, he hurt his knee about a mile into the run and after walking 3 more miles he had to pull himself out of the race. He was hurt and starting to shiver because of the cold. He was so bummed. He put a lot of effort into training this year and it was so disappointing for him to have to stop the race short. I'm very proud of him for doing it & proud of him for making the decision to stop instead of injuring himself further. He's doing fine now and is going to do the Pacific Crest Triathlon on the 26th. Go Cody!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to Go! I'm impressed that anyone would attempt an Ironman. I hope Cody will recover quickly!
Post a Comment