Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Coolest Night Light EVER

 Sun un-lit

Moon (night light)

Sun (time to wake up!)

I've been meaning to post this for a while but keep forgetting.  A friend of mine & fellow blogger (Anchor Mommy) is going through a rough time of keeping her kiddo in bed in the mornings and letting her get some precious sleep before her baby arrives soon.  It reminded me that if I think this gizmo is pretty life-enhancing, maybe some of you would too!  Yes, it's a night light...but it's a MAGIC one.  You program it to come on at night for the night light feature and then set the clock to come on in the sun feature, telling your little one (who presumably can't read time) that it's okay to get out of bed.  It's wonderful.  It's fabulous.  It's saved me from those 5:30 wake up calls from a rambunctious four-year-old who doesn't understand that mommy doesn't function at that time of day.  It took a little bit of training, and we do still have occasional setbacks where Wyatt thinks he's in charge of his day (ha ha ha) but it's been a life (sleep) saver since the first night we used it.

You can find out more information from their website at www.goodnitelite.com.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

That's amazing!! Thanks Lisa! I'm going to have to get one of those to use when Micah's no longer in his crib!

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I've been meaning to get more info on where you got yours. I'm totally needing one since Ben associates the first peek of the real sun with wake-up time...and in the summer, that's before 6am! I can't deal with it!

Unknown said...

Let them know that its also portable and can be taken to the grand parents house as well. It works there just as well as at home!!

Unknown said...

Can you tell me where you can buy one thanks? It would have to be online as i'm in Ireland. Thanks

Lindley Family said...

I bought it online. Their website is www.goodnitelite.com. :) It's around $40 but it's sooooo worth it!

Michelle @ My Gluten-free Kitchen said...

This is awesome! We just use a regular nightlight on a timer. The light is off all night (my kids prefer to sleep in total dark) and then when they can get up in the morning (7:30 here), then the nightlight turns on. That is our $10 system. But if my kids liked nightlights on all night, I would TOTALLY get this one. What a great idea!! I'm going to pass it on to some other friends too.

Laura said...

That is a GREAT idea for a nightlight! Came across your blog you have a beautiful family, I'm a recent stay at home mommy myself-still not adjusted!
-your new follower :)