Friday, May 28, 2010

Crib Dilemma

Max has become quite the climber.  He climbs up ladders.  He climbs up rocks.  He climbs out of his bed.  Grrrrrrr!  Wyatt was about as mischievous as they come, but he never attempted to climb out of his crib.  Max, on the other hand, didn't waste any time in busting out of his.  He doesn't fuss once he gets out.  He'll look at some books or fall asleep on the floor with his blankets - see photo (he's always careful to throw out his blankets and pillow before he takes the plunge.  Quite a thinker!)   He's only 22 months & seems way too small for a twin sized bed.

Now I'm in a conundrum.  Do I move him into a toddler bed or buy a crib tent?  Anyone have any luck with the crib tent?  They're more expensive than a toddler bed!

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Hey Lisa! This is too funny and gives me a preview of what may come with Flynn in the next few months. I hope you and your sweet family are doing well!

Melt Momma's Heart said...

I say go with a toddler bed, Lisa. When we moved our kids to their big beds (we actually just skipped the toddler beds and went straight to twin-sized) they both started sleeping through the night that very night! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I agree. We went straight to a twin bed with Ben, rather than having to buy a toddler bed and then a twin soon afterward. We bought the rails that tuck under the mattress so he can just have those as long as necessary. He took right to it, never seemed to cross his mind that he could get out at will. Hopefully, you'd have the same experience. He totally looked shrunken in the big bed for a while, but it's amazing how quickly he's grown into it. I think it gives them a sense of pride to be in such a "big boy" bed.

Granmo said...

There's a very simple solution to this. Bed him down on the floor at night. That's obviously where this mountaineer wants to be and the great thing about floors is, you can't fall off.