Friday, November 30, 2007

Two Toothbrushes + One Toilet = TROUBLE!

Why Wyatt has two toothbrushes is beyond me. He has a nice new one now....after he decided to flush the two that he did have down the toilet. He came to me and grabbed my hand, which is what he does when he doesn't know how to verbalize what he wants, and led me into his bathroom. Water was spilling out onto the floor & mushy toilet paper was everywhere. At first I thought it was just paper clogging the hole but then he pointed to the toilet and as clear as a bell he said, "Brush!" Great....
This is a photo of the toothbrushes that my dad fished out of the toilet. Contrary to what you may think, getting toothbrushes out of a toilet is strikingly difficult. First, I attempted to use a snake and that didn't make them budge. So, I did what any grown-up would do - I called my dad! Of course he came to the rescue!
This is a photo of the floor where the toilet used to sit. Even my dad couldn't fish the toothbrushes out with the snake or metal rod, so off came the toilet. Wyatt was super helpful throughout this entire process.

What a trooper! My dad had nearly given up when he was finally able to loosen the brushes. Now the toilet has a lock on it, which is a huge pain, but totally worth it. Gotta love 2 year olds!

2 comments:

The Downey Blog said...

Oh boy! This is hilarious. I love it how you took pictures for us step by step.

The Mairs family said...

Luckily this has never happened to us, however Koen used to love flushing the toilet on random, frequent occasions. Too funny!