

We've officially entered the realm of potty-training. While I'd like to say that it's not that bad...it is. Wyatt will pee on the potty if I tell him to - I don't even bother asking if he has to b/c he NEVER has to. He'll go pee, but the concept of doing the other deed on the toilet is very foreign to him and I wonder if he'll ever make that leap. I was initiated this morning with an underwear full of poo. It was awesome. If anyone out there in cyber-world has tips to get us through this time, let me know!
4 comments:
i make sulli "try" every time he sits on the potty. like you said, the pee just comes. but it takes a bit of work to get the poo. we push. i make a very exaggerated "pushing" face (so glad i am putting this on the world wide web) and even make grunting noises to help him along. he tries along with me and we usually at least get a toot. hope this helps! keep truckin' on!
This sounds really gross but it worked. Henry just couldn't bring himself to poop in the big potty and every time I put him in his room for quiet time, sure enough it would come. so I put his "little potty" in his room and he had no problem going on his own. He obviously was more comfortable in his room with the door closed at his own pace. it was like clockwork. took a week and then he was ok to move into the big potty.. good luck. I thought potty training was the hardest thing.
Hi Lisa,
One thing that helped with my boys was to make sure they got to see "how Daddy does it". Yes, Cody, it can be somewhat embarrassing. Keep at it, it might take a while, but he should be potty trained by the time he is, oh, 30 or so. ;) One of my boys got it in just a couple months, the other took a year.
I feel for you! Im doing the same with Ty right now. Ive already done this 3 other times and I still dont know what Im doing...nor do I like it or think its easy at all! I just try and get through! =)
Post a Comment