This morning, not unlike most mornings, my 4-year-old woke me up. He's all energy and giggles and I'm....well, I'm not. This is what our conversation went like.
Wyatt: Hey, mom, guess what?
Me: huh?
Wyatt: I stayed in bed until my sun came on! (the nightlight/daylight that tells him when it's ok to get out of his room. He has struggled with this the past few days.)
Me: that's great. I'm so proud of you.
Wyatt: Hey, mom, do you remember those monkeys at the zoo last year (last week)? Remember how they were fighting, like this (he shows me how they were fighting by flopping around on the bed clawing at the air).
Me: Yep. I remember.
Wyatt: Hey, mom, will you get out of bed?
Me: Yep. (I don't move)
Wyatt: Hey, mom, can I have some apple juice & cereal.
Me: Yes, Wyatt. Just a minute.
Wyatt: Hey, mom, remember last year (that really was last year) when we went camping and I got stung by those bees?
Me: Yep. I remember.
Wyatt: Mom...can I go wake Max up?
Me: No.
Wyatt: Mom, get out of bed.
At this point he stripped the covers completely off the bed & laughed hysterically in my ear. Guess I have no choice but to get out of bed, eh?!? I need coffee....
3 comments:
HAHAHA This is so cute Lisa. Wyatt is such a character with a great memory! Hope you got that much needed coffee!
Oh I laugh with you as I cringe. I can so picture this happening at your house and mine! I always find in those moments you either laugh or cry. Glad you are laughing. I'm pretty sure these are the times people keep saying we'll miss when they are older! :)
I don't know you or your family, but I follow your blog. It's adorable! Anyway, The conversation with your son was AWESOME and hilarious! I hope one day I get to experience that with my child :)
Post a Comment