Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Whew....what a week!


Cody had to leave again this week for work & I'm home alone with the kidlets. Wyatt is in rare form these days...fighting me on taking naps, defying me in every way possible, screaming like a little girl when Max is sleeping - generally just being a (almost) 3-year-old. It's rough being his sole source of entertainment, and most of the days are spent with him driving me crazy. Yesterday at the store he was being a pain and instead of making a huge scene and spanking him I flicked his ear....which, of course, he wasn't fond of. All day today he kept covering his ears saying, "Don't spank my ears, mom!"

Despite all of my complaining about him, he can be awfully sweet. And he says the darnest things that make me realize what a compassionate and precious gift he is. Tonight I bonked my elbow on the car door and he said, "you alright mom?" in his cute little concerned voice. And he's already stopped some of the cute little Wyatt-isms that plagued his vocabulary for so long, like "I carry you?" instead of "will you carry me?"....or calling firetrucks "weeee oooooo's" for the sounds they make. I know in my heart that these days are going to fly by and I'm going to ache for the sound of his tiny little voice. I just need to remind myself of that a little (a lot) more often.

He may be a pill some (most) days but he's my pill and I'm blessed that he is my child.

3 comments:

The Downey Blog said...

They never said parenting was for sissy's. Right now I am trying to write this note while Henry is crop dusting his poopy daiper across my face.

Nicole said...

oh, i hear you about the life of living with stinkers. sulli is trying my last strand of patience each and every day. i had a wonderful "mommy moment" the other day where when sulli was screaming at me in one of his fits, i found myself screaming back in his face because that is all i could bring myself to do. love those times. and most of the time...love those boys.

Danielle said...

This too shall pass. And it does. Almost always faster than we think at the moment.